Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jamked, India


In 2006, I studied in India at the Comprehensive Rural Health Project. For a summer, I lived and worked in a small, remote village observing and learning about health practices dictated by the community vs. a doctor, as is usually the case. It was one of those experiences that changed the course of my life, identifying and solidifying what type of work I was meant to be doing. It was and still is an absolutely amazing place, run by committed people with incredible results. It's simply one of those places you never forget.

 I am not surprised that National Geographic published an article recently about the place. Have a read here. Below are some pictures that a very talented friend of mine took while I was there -- many arguably better than the National Geographic photos!

Enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment